Sunday, February 3, 2013

THE BENEFITS OF USING PLANTEX PRODUCTS

My younger brother is against me pursuing Plantex - let's get that out of the way right now. He thinks that Plantex doesn't have much of a chance competing against strong well-known and popular brands like Safeguard. Well, come to think of it, he may be right because brands like Safeguard are backed by big corporations with equally big advertising and research and development budgets. So when you are a young (sort of) and inexperienced sales person like me pushing an equally new and unknown product line like Plantex personal care and cleaning products in the market, the chances of making a dent in the minds of consumers so they will remember your product are not very high.

However, I will say this about Plantex products - I really like them. And I wouldn't be selling them if I didn't like the way they work, the way they smell (I'm very particular about scents of products, especially soap) and the way they look. So let me talk about that for awhile here.

First of all, Plantex products do work, and they work well. My favorites among the product line (meaning the products that I've tried and which work to my advantage) are the bath soap, the laundry detergent powder, and the Ultimate Solution. The bath soap doesn't have a very strong fragrance. Actually, it hardly has any smell at all but if you sniff it closely you will find that it sort of smells like banana sap - which is natural because the product is partly derived from banana sap. I like the way it cleans me. I also like it because it doesn't make me itch after bathing like Safeguard does. I think that's why I shifted away from Safeguard - there's nothing more irritating than bathing with a soap that makes you itch afterwards. I think Safeguard makes me itch because it is too drying to the skin. The laundry detergent powder is also good because if you use it properly it does clean your clothes plus it doesn't leave residue that makes me itch when I put the clothes on. (As you can see, I itch easily from certain products.) I like the smell and the fact that it is not harmful to the environment, being biodegradable. I prefer it to Tide which used to be my favorite detergent for laundry. You can also use the laundry detergent for cleaning around the house, in the bathroom, and anywhere you would probably need detergent. The Ultimate Solution has a great smell but equally important is that it does a great job of cleaning without destroying the environment. I put 2 caps of Ultimate Solution in the water tank of the toilet, let it stand for some time, then flush. Poof! All the smell of urine and whatnot in the toilet disappear. Of course, you still have to clean the toilet the normal way but my way helps to get rid of the underlying smell that doesn't disappear from normal cleaning methods.

Now as far as the way they smell is concerned, the lack of very strong fragrance is actually a good point in the favor of these products. I don't like strong fragrances in my cleaning products because the perfume is usually put in by the manufacturer to mask strong unpleasant odors, especially in the bathroom. So although the laundry detergent and Ultimate Solution do have some fragrance, there is not enough there to mask odors of urine and feces which usually stay in the bathroom even after cleaning. This is especially true for old bathrooms and comfort rooms (probably has something to do with old pipes and sewage systems in the building.)

A relatively minor point is the way the products look. Ridiculous as it may sound but some people buy products simply because of the way they look - and I'm one of them. The products I've mentioned look good and their packaging is also attractive. Fortunately for the environment, the product packaging is mostly recyclable. For instance, the bath soap comes in a cardboard box that can be recycled. The laundry detergent also comes in a cardboard box that can be recycled. And the Ultimate Solution comes in a plastic bottle that can also be recycled. So if you're the type who is cautious about product packaging due to concerns about pollution, these are added bonuses.

I hope more and more people will buy Plantex products - so that my profits will become bigger. Hehe, just kidding. Really, these products are truly good and they benefit those who use them. So whether you buy from me or from another Plantex Distributor, it's all good. Just keep buying and the world will be a better place for it.

No comments: