Monday, June 19, 2023

Forever 28

I don't know why this is but I noticed that I am still thinking the same way I used to think in my 20s. That explains the title of this post "Forever 28". Why 28? Because of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avMbu6cc4Eo


Liam was young, attractive, smart, popular, and a complete liar. He had that famous trait that conmen have had all through the centuries: charm! And because of that he was able to systematically wreck Barings Bank of England.

Some people seem to never grow up. And I'm like that. I wake up in the morning thinking the same way and I am inclined to think that I will die thinking that way. Well, not planning to run a scam, no. But thinking as if I have decades of life yet and that I can afford to plan my life as if I were starting out at 28. When in reality I'm pushing 50 and soon I'm sure that the Good Lord will be asking me to come home already. So now, having realized that, I make it a point to consult God so that I don't wind up becoming another Liam.

Watch the video. You will be awestruck by the audacity of Liam and that he even managed to grin arrogantly at the press after serving his prison sentence. I hope that I never wind up scamming people just because I think "Forever 28" at age 49 onwards.


No comments: