Thursday, October 2, 2014

My Next Steps in My Career

I guess this really means that I'll be leaving the Philippines, possibly for good, after I earn my BA English degree. So my focus over the next two years is to get really good grades in BA English so that I graduate with honors from UP Diliman. I hope that job in Wisconsin is still available because Bambi says it is easier to get into the US as a migrant if I have an American company or employer to sponsor my migration papers.

I don't see a future for me here in the Philippines. There is nothing much really I could do here in the Philippines as a writer unless I join a broadsheet or a tabloid. Cazoomi is okay for the next few years but maybe they are not my final employer. I don't know...I am floating...I don't know what else to say...except that Manila is so hard to live in and I really couldn't live here for the long term as a self supporting professional.

I don't know so much about migration...it's really a vague idea at this point....but Bambi says it would be good for me to move to the US, away from the madhouse that is Manila. She says life would be better for me in the US because it is so convenient there. It would have been cool if Bambi stayed in the US permanently so I'd have a close friend to visit there but I guess she has to go home to Manila also after her assignment is done. Cy is in Indiana so that's pretty far. And Eydie I have no idea about.

There's really nothing left to say about it until I've consulted Doc Bolet and my siblings. So that's it for now.

No comments: