Thursday, May 25, 2023

Anticipating the Supertyphoon

It's been a tiring couple of days as I live in isolation here at my mom's house. Tiring because I am trying to get my living quarters cleaned and disinfected after my extended bout of covid. Tiring also because of the covid's side effect of fatigue and breathlessness. But my mom has given me some money to buy food and groceries with so it's just a matter of ordering from Waltermart Sucat on COD basis. That helps.

Now my friend Volt has told me that the supertyphoon Mawar is headed for the Philippines. That explains the onset of heavy rains and overcast skies. I was hoping for warm weather as I continue to launder all my clothes but I guess that gets put on hold for now as the supertyphoon passes. Fortunately, I can now iron my clothes so that will kill any virus remnants thriving in my clean clothing. So I guess I have to fit that in somehow.

Almost all my friends (all five of them haha) have been hit by covid at some point this year. So they confirmed that they too had to deal with fatigue and breathlessness after they recovered. My doctor is a bit alarmed by the breathlessness and advised me to use a pulse oximeter to check my oxygen readings. Mine was normal so apparently I don't have pneumonia. It's probably just some scarring in the lung tissue due to the covid so that would explain why I feel breathless. Either that or I'm just titilated by someone's presence that takes my breath away. Haha.

Seriously though, a supertyphoon will be very destructive for sure. I'm anticipating flooding here in our village as the storm hits. So obviously I should have prepared well but how prepared can you be for any supertyphoon? Let's pray that the supertyphoon will swerve and avoid the Philippines.

No comments: