Monday, May 22, 2023

Covid Retained; Writing Job Retained

I just found out some minutes ago that my RT PCR test shows presence of covid up to now. At first, I was in shock, because I thought I'm covid-free already. But apparently not. I will double check tomorrow when I get the hard copy of the test results from the lab. Meanwhile, I will focus on the client's screenplay which I'm supposed to be writing as of yesterday. Yes, I did do some writing just to get back into the groove but since I only have 20 more days to write a total of 170 pages I better focus.

This means my mother will be paying for my survival for the next 14 days. But that's not a new procedure because she's been paying for the past 14 days. It does mean my debt to her will increase. It also means I will still be communicating with friends and relatives via Messenger for the duration of this second round of confinement. Which isn't unusual either, considering I never socialize with anyone.

What I would like to do is return to my preferred carinderia tomorrow and buy some food again after I've gotten the hard copy of my test results. I don't have enough ingredients to experiment with in cooking my meals so that's the cheaper option. And if my mom gives me money I can order my groceries from Waltermart via COD payment.

Thank you God that I still have covid. Now I have a good excuse not to go out of my living quarters at all. At least, for the next 14 days. And that means I have enough cognitive and physical reserve for the onboarding with that second client in June. Exciting!

No comments: